3 medium-sized eggplants
1 cup of basic Gamal Tahina
2 ripe tomatoes
1/3 cup of olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1 cup of finely-chopped mint
1. Fire-roast eggplants on all sides until scorched, and place on netting, or pierce eggplants with a skewer or fork and roast in an oven preheated to a grilling temperature for 20-minutes on each side.
2. Split tomatoes in half and remove juice and seeds. Grate with the coarse side of grater and mix with the remaining
3. Split eggplants in half, and pour a dash of tahina and tomatoes into each half.
4. Serve eggplants while still warm.
1. The tahina will be whiter the colder the water used. Some of the water can even be replaced with ice.
2. If you don’t plan to use the tahina on the day that you prepare it, it is recommended to add the garlic immediately before serving.